Monday, May 17, 2010

Hmm. I thought that all along

I read an article in the local paper this morning about a study showing a link between Attention Deficit Disorders and pesticides used on fruits and vegetables. Ya know, I've been saying for a long time now that consuming foods that have pesticides, parasiticides, nematocides, not to mention artificial growth hormones, etc on/in them can't be good for humans. I mean, getting something in our bodies that kills living organisms? What are we? Duh! And, does the growth hormone know to rule us out
I do realize these products, by the time they reach us, are in small amt.'s. But, if we start putting these things in our bodies when we're children, and they don't all get eliminated from our bodies from the start, what happens when they add up in 30+ yrs.? Cancer? Downs Syndrome? Erdheim-Chester Disease (had to throw that in)? These things are not among those God intended for us to consume, and there's been a rise in the disease rate over the yrs. Hmm!
Yes. I realize that there are six billion plus people on this planet to feed. I also know that farmers are really painted into a corner trying to produce enough for the population, and that problem is compounded when pests, diseases, fungi, etc. are thrown in to the mix, not to mention waiting a couple or more yrs. for animals to grow to maturity.
I'm not saying I've got the answers. I have noticed how much healthier I am since I began eating as much "organic" as we can afford, though.
It's a huge, difficult problem. But, there's got to be a better way.
By the by, if you want to put me to the test, eat an organic egg and compare it to a regular egg. Try organic milk, then regular milk. My wife and I have noticed that organic milk can be kept and consumed quite a ways beyond its expiration date. Try that w/ regular milk.

No comments: