Thursday, July 17, 2008

Telecon & Endocrinologist

The teleconference went very well. Dr. Kurzrock agrees with us that the most important thing is educating the public on these diseases, especially ECD. People go undiagnosed because, at times, doctors don't know what they're looking for and have never heard of the disease.
Turns out that, now that I've been on Interferon a while, I may be able to reduce the dosage to 1 mil. units 3 times a week. That would mean a huge savings. My last four syringes came in one shipment totalling $1008. It will still cost the same. But, I can stretch out the time between shipments. There are other drugs that may be effective, such as Pegasus. Interferon 2A and 2B are both useful in fighting the disease. So, if one is less costly, I may be able to switch and take us up one level in the poor house.
My Endocrinologist tested my hormone levels, and my testosterone is back up to normal. Funny. I felt that happen. One day it was just like someone flipped a switch on inside me, and I felt much better.

No comments: