Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rising Blood Pressure

Went in for the MRI & CT scan Thursday. Was there at about 1:50 PM and went back to financial rather quickly. That's where they told me my co-pay would be about $78 more than I had been quoted earlier that morning. Apparently they had not taken the CT into acct.
Then I was called back to the Radiology waiting area. Well, they had a battle w/ Medicare. They said the CT scans wouldn't help me. Now, that's a ridiculous statement. CT scans are a diagnostic tool, not a treatment.
It took about another hour. But, I was finally taken to the MRI machine at 3:30. I had a 2:30 appt. That's the lengthiest period of time I've ever been in that imager. I was in there for 45 minutes to an hour.
Then they hauled me out for the CT scan. But, I had to drink more Barium first, because the process so far had taken too long. I did get into the CT room quickly, though. Got the fun, lung burning, bladder warming dye. Then Got in the machine and that was done pretty quickly.
After fasting since 11 PM the night before, I climbed into my truck at 5:30 PM. A 3 1/2 hr visit w/ an 18 1/2 hr fast thrown in.
I did feel I had earned a treat after all this. So, I hauled it to Hardees to try their new Chicken Tenders. Boy! Those things were good. :-)
It felt really good to walk through the door when I got home!

No comments: