Friday, July 2, 2010

Lapse in Memory

As I wrote in my other blog, "What's Their Problem", I'm confronted w/ a new "problem". I've received the forms to complete for assistance from Johnson & Johnson where the Cladribine (Leustatin) is concerned. This both frightens & excites me.
It frightens me because the drug comes w/ a warning for the patient not to be exposed to anyone w/ a contagious illness, because the infusion lowers the blood count. Thus, the immune system is pretty severely compromised.
So, I could die due to a side effect of the med. Hard to be an influential father as ashes in a jar. But, what kind of Dad will I be w/ my head not screwed on straight and my balance not so good, thanks to some of the meds I'm on now. I've been really torn about this.
Well, it's funny how God reminds me in His Word what I'm missing. I was reading Billy Graham's book, "The Journey", this morning and, what should come up the AM after my "Doubt and Fear" entry but, "Conquering Our Fears". Within four sentences, I had my fear eased. Dr. Graham wrote, "The opposite of fear is trust-trust in God and His unchanging love". There is also Psalm 118:6, "The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid".
Once again, I was worried, afraid and in tears w/out talking to the One Who knows me best and knows what's best for me.
I'll finish the application process, and the rest is in His Hands.

No comments: