Sunday, October 24, 2010

Insurance and MRI

My MRI results apparently show some thickening of tissue in my "Cavernous Sinuses", under and behind the brain I think. I'll find out exactly what that means Nov. 17, my next Oncologist's appt..
Since my Drug coverage is being cancelled, per CIGNA, we had to talk to my agent about new ins.. Well, wonderfully, I've found that, to be covered, we not only have to pay the standard charge for Medicare coverage, which does basically nothing, we now have to pay $154 for supplemental health and another $34 for drug coverage. Both monthly.
With our outgo and this new extra cost, I just don't get how we're supposed to get by. I'm looking for some work I can do on my meds. But, that's difficult w/ the side effects considered, and I cost a good deal of bucks and worry for my bride.
I'm beginning to have thoughts that she'd, in time, be better off w/out me. She could find someone w/out this stupid disease, who worked, added an income to the home and didn't cost a fortune in meds and dr.'s appt.'s to "maintain".
No. I'm not going to do anything stupid. My poor gal has been thru hell due to my presence in her life. Just seems like my absence would become a relief. Then again, there's nothing like loving her or being loved. Think I'll stick around. :-)

No comments: